Vacancy Circular no 2 of 2016 – Finance Manager – 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
This position is within Director of Corporate Services Division.
Main purpose of the job:
To plan, manage and control the provision of financial management and accounting services to the Centre to ensure the accurate and timely maintenance of accounts and financial reports, adequacy of cash flow, and optimization of investment income to enhance the efficiency of the Centre and facilitate the achievement of the Board’s organizational and business objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
- Accuracy and availability of financial information at different levels of decision making
- Accuracy of financial forecasts and projections
- Compliance with international financial reporting and statutory requirements
- Budget and cash flow management, and maximization of surplus revenue
- Minimization of audit queries
- Preparation and presentation of financial reports to management, Board of Directors and financial sponsors (Botswana Government and other Donors)
- Cost Control and Risk Management
Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, and a professional accounting qualification. Membership of an internationally recognized institute in Accounting (ACCA, CA, CIMA). In addition, membership of Botswana Institute of Accountants is a necessity. At least eight (8) years post qualification experience at Senior Management level in a computerized accounting system (preferably ACCPAC). Detailed knowledge of IT Systems to enhance quality management and accounting is a necessity and knowledge of government budgeting process is an added advantage.
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Organizational, supervisory and resource management skills
- Negotiations skills
- Excellent communication, influence and impact
- Strategic orientation
- Proactive, initiative and innovation
- Managerial skills
- Analytical skills
- A good knowledge of regulatory compliance
Remuneration and Benefits:
NFTRC offers attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications including comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates and three letters of reference should be addressed to.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Private Bag 008
Closing date: 30th June 2016
NB: NFTRC will only enter into correspondence with short listed candidates.